Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Grandkids & Me Weekend... YES!!

My honey man and I had all 3 grandkids for an overnighter this weekend. I have blogged about taking "ME TIME". Well, this was a "me-time" weekend. Above is pictured the Fall leaves that the grandkids picked. We dipped them in melted wax and made placemats.


Our next project was to carve pumpkins. This was quite a feat considering we were working with a 3 and 6 year old. I must admit Poppy was a big help and NeeNee (that would be me) cleaned out most of the pumpkin "innards". I had to Google to be sure "innards" was even a word... it is!

Above is Carson's scary pumpkin and below is Olivia's skull pumpkin. I think the credit really should go to Poppy. Next year it will be foam stick-ons to decorate pumpkins. This whole pumpkin carving thing is waaaay tooo much work.


Finally, Poppy made a couple of pumpkin pies from scratch. Literally, from scratch. He and Olivia cut up a pumpkin, simmered it on the stovetop to make "real" pumpkin pie. We even froze some of the pumpkin pulp to make pumpkin pudding at Thanksgiving.


What a fabulous weekend!! We made a fire in the fireplace Saturday night, watched "All Dogs Go to Heaven" and popped popcorn (with lots of butter!). Life is good. The older I get, I realize more and more that it's the little things in life that bring the greatest joy. So.... if I didn't answer your emails this weekend, you know why. I was having a little "me time". Thanks for understanding.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww those look awesome!!