After a long, cold winter, we Northerners are always anxious for signs of Spring. The first spotting of a colorful butterfly signifies that Spring has arrived. This project features a clear glycerine butterfly soap embedded with colorful soap curls. This project can be completed in as little as 60 minutes and makes a wonderful gift for Mother's Day, Easter, or just for yourself!
Here's what you need:
- Mold Market's Butterfly Sheet Mold
- 1-lb Clear Glycerine Soap- will yield approximately 4 butterflies
- Soap Curls or colored soap scraps. You will want at least 3-4 different colors.
- 2 teaspoons fragrance oil per 1 lb. soap base- this recommendation is based on the fragrance oils we stock. You may need to adjust the amount if using another supplier's fragrance.
- Soap Thermometer- absolutely essential when working with embedded soap
- Glass Measuring Cup
- Microwave or Aluminum Melting Pot
- Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle