Monday, May 03, 2010

Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We all Scream Ice Cream SOAP


You would have thought my grandkids had died and gone to heaven when they spotted this soap sitting on the kitchen island. I wondered how long it would take them to notice it. It wasn't more than 20 seconds and they were fighting over who was going to get the soaps.

Over the weekend, I whipped up a batch of soap frosting to see how it would fair as ice cream. It was colored with Rock Me Raspberry soap colorant and scented with Strawberry. The strawberry scent smells just like strawberry ice cream and definitely lended authenticity to the soap cone.



You have to work fast when using the soap frosting so that it doesn't harden too fast. I made all the scoops first and then attached them to the cone base. I'll have a tutorial out soon that outlines how it was done.




Once I had all the ice cream (soap) scoops ready, I had a brainstorm. Why not place one in a small ceramic dish and drizzle with chocolate colored soap. It turned out exactly as I envisioned.

No comments: