Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Night of Magic & Illusions

Today is a special day. I am taking my 7-year old grandson to see his first magic show. The most exciting part is it's not just any magic, it's the magic of David Copperfield. My little guy has no concept of how grand this show will be. In his child-like mind, he is thinking card tricks and rabbits popping out of a hat. I can't wait to see his reaction to Mr. Copperfield's incredible illusions and magic.

As I write this post, I am working from home catching up on GoPlanet paperwork. THEN, it's off to a seafood dinner with my grandson and an evening of magical fun. As my grandson is quick to point out, this is "his special day". No other siblings are invited which make this day even grander in his mind.

My husband and I do "it's your special day" events with each grandchild every few months. It makes them feel important when they recieve our undivided attention for an entire day. Hopefully, we are creating memories for years to come.

This is an action-packed grandkids weekend. Tomorrow we have a dual birthday party for Carson and Miss O. They will be celebrating their 7th and 4th birthdays. Hope your having a great weekend and making some magical moments with family and friends.

I'll be back to business as usual on Monday!

No comments: