Saturday, May 19, 2007

Seeing Life through the Eyes of My Maker


Today, while searching for some information about my peonies, I happened upon the web site of Michael Botos. The past few weeks have been so crazy that I haven't taken time to appreciate and enjoy all the beautiful perennials just now blooming in Michigan. As I strolled around my yard this morning, I was once again awestruck with God's incredible handiwork.

I was impressed by the simplicity of Mr. Botos' web photos. They depicted such simple things in nature but made you pause with wonder at the majesty of life. Even if for a moment, I was able to acknowledge the insignificance of my worries, concerns, and cares when paired against the grand scheme of life. A reminder that I can't control everything. I'm not God.

Life gets so hectic and out of control at times that we need these moments of introspect to renew our spirits and give us grounding. Thank you Mr. Botos for sharing your photos! I hope you don't mind that I've shared a few with my readers.