Saturday, July 21, 2007

Back from Vacation

Vacation was over way too soon. It seemed as if we had barely gotten unpacked and it was time to go home. I felt a twinge of sadness as we left our Northern Michigan cottage. The entire week was so restful and being with our kids and grandkids was an absolute delight! I hated to see it all come to an end. The weather was warm, sunny, and the evenings just cool enough to make a bonfire by the lake to toast marshmallows for smores. As you can see by the photo, the sunsets were breathtaking.


We spent a great deal of time on the pontoon boat just cruising the lake, swimming, tubing, and fishing. Our 4-year old grandson, Carson, caught his first fish with his mommy and talked about it for the entire day. Our sweet princess Olivia drove the boat with Poppy, swam in her little pool (which we put on the boat), and was showered with plenty of smooches from NeeNee (that would be me).



My terrific staff held down the fort while I was away. They'll be enjoying some famous fudge and cherries from the Travese City area when they return to work on Monday. It's always crazy the week after a vacation, so please bear with us. Apart from the fact that I've gained another 5 pounds this past week, I am refreshed. Seeing myself photographed in my swimsuit was rather frightening. Gosh darn, it's hard to be trim at this age. Why is it so easy to put on those extra pounds, but to lose them takes double the effort? Anyway, it was a great vacation!

No comments: