Thursday, December 09, 2010

Baby Jesus Arrives!

Baby Jesus Arrives!! This morning I showed my grand daughter, Miss O, the Baby Jesus doll for the manger I will be displaying outside my front door this year. I kid you not, she cradled him, cuddled him, and asked me if we could put the manger (which her Daddy is making) in front of the sofa so everyone could see him. When I mentioned the manager would be outside, she was aghast... "How can you leave Baby Jesus out in the cold?"

Yes, I realize that many of you may be of different faiths and beliefs, but it doesn't change the fact that I believe in Jesus AND this is my blog.... so yadda, yadda, I get to post about things that suit my fancy just like you can do on your blog.

Miss O and her Mommy.

After viewing the video from Becky Kelley called "Where's the Line to Jesus", I was touched to make a new family tradition to help my grand kids remember the true meaning of Christmas within our family. This year we will have Baby Jesus outside the front door of our home. He will be in a manager (built by my son-in-law) along with a sign that reads, "Here's the line to see Jesus".

The grand kids, as well as adult family members, will be leaving a "Gift for Jesus" at the base of the manger. It will contain a box of affirmations. Affirmations and commitments for what we can do to show love to others. Examples would be helping a needy family, working at a soup kitchen for a weekend, donating food/clothes, raking leaves for an elderly person.... the list goes on. But, these are all ways we can help to make our world a better place.


1 comment:

CeCe said...

You are such a blessing! I stop by your site often and simply love the products you offer. You provide a wealth of information that I greatly appreciate! I have a very extensive wish list that I have started and I do plan to make some purchases soon.

You have such a beautiful family and it is refreshing to read your post that remind us about the true meaning of Christmas. Thanks for the friendly reminder. I wish you and your family a wonderful blessed holiday and continued blessings with your business.

I just wanted to leave this note. You don't have to post it.

Take Care!
Ciscely Butler
Soyful Expressions