Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Those Darn Magic Elves! Always Into Something


Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, the Magic Elves have arrived. Yes, by parachutes no less. You know those dog-gone elves are terrible sleigh drivers. The sleigh crashed, and thankfully, Santa made sure they each had a parachute... just in case. The grand kids rescued all of the elves and brought them inside to decorate their Elf Mailboxes.

I honestly thought that my 7 1/2 year old grandson would not be as excited this year. WRONG to the nth degree!! He is more involved with his Elf than ever. He loves the mailbox because he can send messages to Santa or his Elf. The day after the Elves arrived, the grand kids stayed overnight. Those darn Elves got into the pantry and found everything they needed to make s'mores. The next morning we found them in front of the fireplace. They had roasted marshmallows and even brought Baby Jesus in from the cold. Marshmallows were everywhere as were chocolate candy wrappers and graham crackers. It was a mess!


My grandson, Carson, printed out a note to his Elf. It is shown below (via interpretation by his Mommy).

Can you talk to me You thre elfs pleys And santu can you Bring me a wolit with A chane on it and A blak jakit with Scine jens

Interpretation:

Can you talk to me (meaning can his Elf talk to him). Your three elves play. And, Santa, can you bring me a wallet with a chain on it, and a black jacket with skinny jeans?

Called me crazed, but this is what I am going to do.... Carson so wants his Elf to communicate with him. As adults, we know that isn't possible, but I think I've figured out a way to make it happen. Remember that talking toilet paper roll that I blogged about back in 2007? That's the ticket! Freckles will leave a message on the toilet paper roll and then Carson can record a reply. Below is the message Elf Freckles has left...

Elf Freckles Message to Carson

Carson will be here on Wednesday for Awana's. While he is at class, I will flip the on switch for the pre-recorded message. Won't he be surprised the next time he uses the bathroom?



1 comment:

Nicola said...

I love the idea of the Elf being able to talk and through the talking toilet roll no less - my kids would love this.

Thanks for the great idea.

Nicola