Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yea, Though I Pass Through the Automatic Car Wash....


We've all read or heard the 23rd Psalms at one time in our life. My favorite part of the scripture reads.... "Yea, though I pass through the valley of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me." This suggests to me that there is a higher power hiding in the shadows to rescue me. A power that will lead, guide and direct me in the path I should be going if I stay on track. I will make it through the storm, the valley, or troubles I'm currently facing.

While my car eased through an automatic car wash the other day, I was reminded of this scripture passage and something clicked. Yes, I know it was an odd place to have an epiphany, but what can I say; I tend to have those weird moments. Anyway, sealed inside my car in this water coccoon with brushless "thingies" beating against my car I realized this:

A car wash is much like our valleys. We often find ourselves in the middle of a storm with waters (and thingies) beating against us and unable to see what's ahead (those would be the valleys). It can be frightening as the waters come crashing in. We tend to see ourselves as a victim as the force of the stormy waters propel us forward much like the conveyor belt of a car wash and it brings fear. Yet, suddenly, the waters cease. Just like a car wash, we find ourselves out of the thunderous beating waters. The storm stops. We are no longer on that car wash conveyor belt to no where. Instead we are thurst out into the the sunlight. We are cleaned, polished and blow dryed and ready to shine in more ways than we ever dreamed.

I am a firm believer that those "yea thou I walk through the valley (car wash) moments" can often bring the greatest times of growth. When we get past the crashing waters, the valley of "thingies" and the conveyor belt that seems to have a mind of its own... we might actually find we come out on top.

May you always come out on top in your next "car wash" life experience.

1 comment:

Natalia - EnJabonArte said...

I love your post. Yes...I think I need to trust the Lord and rest... :) ....I will keep in mind this Parable!