That's the question being emailed to me over the last few weeks. When we first posted this Mold Market ice cream cone, many wanted to know how to duplicate the cone color pictured. Well.... we're gonna share! This is how is was done and it's easy, easy, easy.
To make two 3-D cones (pictured top):
- Melt 12.7 ounces clear soap base
- 1.9 ounces white soap base
- Gently stir the two soap bases together once they have melted.
- Add 1 drop of yellow oxide liquid gel color and 1 drop orange oxide liquid gel color
- Add fragrance; we added 2 teapoons
- Pour into the cone halves and allow to set up
- Once firm, release soap from the mold
- Melt a small amount of clear glycerine OR if you have any of the cone color soap left, us that.
- Carefully spoon the melted soap onto one half of the cone. Line up the other cone half and press the two halves together firmly. Hold in place until the two pieces adhere to . Be sure to use enough soap between the two halfs so they stay intact.
In the near future, I'll be showing you how to put an ice cream scoop on top of the 3-D cone.