Sunday, September 19, 2010

My First Bee Sting!!

Believe it or not, considering my age, it's incredible that I have never been stung by a bee. Today was my day of reckoning with the bee. I stopped by a locally owned farm to pick up mums and some vegetables. In the midst of my purchase, a bee stung me on my finger. OUCH!!!



Oddly enough, my Mom had recently sent information on what to do if a bee stings you. I remember seeing this on the Net a while back, but gave it no credence. However, seeing my finger immediately swell, I decided to give it a try.

Supposedly, you are to tape a copper penny over the bite for 15 minutes. I did this using a band-aid to keep the penny in place. A number of individuals swear that the next day, you will find no signs of the bite. I can't confirm at this time. Howevver, I will say that after taping the penny to my finger, I find that the swelling has diminished. We'll see what happens in the morning.


EDIT TO THIS POST:
Yes, it works! Can't tell you why or how, but the penny did draw out the bee serum and the swelling is completly gone. Incredible! I would never have been a believer.

No comments: