Sunday, March 10, 2013

How to Make a Money Card with Handmade Paper




Today, my daughter, Jamie, celebrates her birthday. Last night her husband and friends rented a party bus to take them to the 80's Show. Before they left,  I gifted Jamie with this money card (to help cover drinks) and a personal birthday letter.


I made the card using misc items I had around the house. Of course, I tend to have just about everything per my grand kids.

The letter to my daughter was printed on a handmade paper bronze colored paper. The edges were trimmed with a scrap booking punch.

I used two sheets of GoPlanet's handmade natural weave paper. The sheets were joined using double-sided tape and then folded toward the front and kept closed with ribbon. Use a small hole punch to make the openings for the ribbon.

I used a skewer to punch the holes for remaining ribbon. For a little bling, I brushed a paper heart doily with gold mica powder. Poke holes in the heart that align with the centerfold of the paper. Thread the same ribbon used for the center of paper through the heart. Fold money into fan shape and attach to the middle of the heart using the ribbon.

GoPlanetEarth offers a nice selection of handmade papers. They can be used for cards, soap bands or scrap booking projects.


No comments: