This is an easy project and the cost in minimal. How fun to gift this at showers, birthdays or other special occasions. You can whip up a dozen or so in just over an hour. Here's what you will need:
- Mat board, the kind used for framing pictures
- Scrapbook paper that coordinates with the mat board
- 1 1/2-inch Binder clips (I purchased mine at Staples)
- 7/8 inch ribbon to match your scrapbook paper. This is the ribbon that will cover the top of the writing pad. (about 12 inches, you can trim as needed)
- Miscellaneous 1/4 and 3/4 inch ribbons that coordinate with your color theme. I used six ribbons in lengths of 4 1/2 to 6 inches. You can trim as needed.
- 5 x 8 writing pad
- Double sided tape
- Cut mat board into 6 x 8 1/2 sections. Places like Michaels may do that for free if you purchase a full sheet. If not, the cutting fees are nominal. An Exacto knife and ruler or commercial paper cutter can also be used.
- Cut scrapbook paper the same size as the mat board. Use double side tape to adhere the paper to the mat board. Align carefully. I prefer to cut the scrapbook paper slightly bigger than the mat board. I then adhere and trim the excess with an Exacto knife. This ensures that the paper is neatly aligned.
- Using double sided tape adhere the 7/8 inch ribbon to the top of the note pad. Wrap around to the back side.
- Cut the 3/8 and 1/4 inch ribbon and tie to the binder clip.
- Using binder clip, attached the note pad to the mat board.