Sunday, January 29, 2012

How To Make Caramel Apple Soaps

Pin It


Mold Market's new 3-D apple mold has already proven to be a big seller. This blog post shares how to join  the apple and make the caramel colored soap dip.


The first step is to pour the 3-D apple halves. This mold has a top and bottom piece. Melt 20% white soap base and 80% clear soap base. Add neon red colorant. To soften the color intensity tomato red color was added. My assistant, Kristy, swears that a VERY small amount of brown oxide or chocolate colorant gives a more true apple color. It's your call.  There are no exact measurements on the color content. Experiment until you find a caramel color that rocks for you (and be sure to take notes!)


Here is our final caramel color.

Release the apple halves from the mold. Using GoPlanet's smoothing tool, make an cut into the top apple half. Dip a wooden Popsicle stick into clear melted soap base and insert the stick into apple top. Allow the soap stick to set up and then join the top and bottom of the apple with clear melted soap base. Your 3-D apple should look like the picture shown below.


Time to dip the apple.


The caramel color soap should be thoroughly melted, but NOT hot.
Carefully lift the dunked apple from the caramel soap.


Allow apple to cool on a plate or sheet of wax paper. While the caramel coating is still warm, embellish with sea salt or sprinkles. Drop the finished soap into a cello bag and close bag with colorful ribbon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say great blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing. I have had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Cheers!
Also see my web site - sushi rice