Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine Pops

Pin It

As promised, here are examples of the butterfly and flower Charms Blow Pops I'm making for my grand daughter's kindergarten classmates. The printable cut-outs are linked below. You'll want to use cardstock paper. I went with red and pink colors.
Flower Cut-Outs

Butterfly Cut-Outs

You will need a box cutter to make the slits to insert the sucker stick in the butterfly. The cut-outs clearly defined the cutting lines. Tape a Smartie candy roll over the stick. The butterfly antenna is made with a pipe cleaner. I cut the pipe cleaners in half and twisted around a chopstick.

A hand-held hole punch is needed for the flower cut outs. Slide the pop into the center hole. I added two Lifesaver candies (I punched a hole in the plastic wrapper; through the center of the Lifesaver). Slide these onto the sucker stick. Use a piece of tape at the base of the Lifesavers to keep them from sliding off the stick.

Add curling ribbon under the flower cut-out (below the Lifesavers). The "FROM" tag can be  positioned above or beneath the flower; it's your call.


Assembling the cut-outs is easy, cutting them out is time consuming. However, when I saw the look on my grand daughter's face, it was worth the time and effort. I have another Valentine project that I did for my 8 year old grandson on my BlimpyGirl.com web site. He preferred an candy airplane over the butterflies and flowers.

No comments: